IN short summary...
The MA in Writing students' anthology is a major opportunity for students to gain experience in the world of publishing and to impress potential agents or publishers who may hold the key to their future success. It will be launched in June 2018 with a prestigious event at Waterstone’s flagship bookstore in Piccadilly, London. This will be followed by a second launch event on the Warwick University campus. The anthology is created by students with minimal input from Warwick Writing Programme staff. A self-organised team of students is responsible for every aspect of production, marketing and launch.
This year there are twenty-two contributors, and the anthology will be called manifest: new writing from Warwick.
We are raising funds to cover production costs through writers’ events to which students and the local community are invited, sponsorship and pre-order sales.
Who are we?
We are twenty-two students currently undertaking the prestigious Warwick MA in Writing. We come from a diverse range of backgrounds and are working together to produce an anthology of prose and poetry that showcases our best work to potential agents and publishers.
Where will the money go?
The anthology’s production costs are approximately £1,900. The London launch event will incur further costs of approximately £500, giving a total of £2,400. Any additional funds raised will support the promotion of the book, including mailings to publishers and agents, marketing the anthology at book fayres, advertising and social media promotion.
Donations up to £20: Exclusive access to pre order offers
Donations £20 and over:
- Your name listed as a Friend in the Anthology
- Exclusive opportunities to receive signed copies and discounted copies of the anthology
- Invitation to the Anthology’s national and local launch events
- Free admission and refreshments at a series of Warwick-based event featuring high profile published authors and writers
- Plus the uplifting knowledge that you have supported the development of exciting new fiction, non-fiction, poetry and prose
Find us here
To keep up to date with our activities, follow us on Facebook @manifestwarwick or join our mailing list http://eepurl.com/c_t5ZH .
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.